HP3000-L Archives

July 2003, Week 2

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:35:29 EDT
Mark writes:

> We are looking to set up a VPN between our main office and a remote
>  office.  The remote office happens to have about 50 dumb terminals hooked
>  to a DTC, which currently uses a bridge over a dedicated line.  Has anyone
>  been able to use a DTC through a VPN?  I understand that DTC's use AFCP
>  which is not routeable.

It's true that DTC's use AFCP and that AFCP is not routeable, but HP did
provide a solution that allowed two remote DTC's to talk to one another over a
process called "routeable AFCP."

I've never personally used it so the entire process is no more than theory
with me, but talk to your CE about it the next he or she drops by and see what
he has to say. It should be doable.

Wirt Atmar