HP3000-L Archives

July 2003, Week 2

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]]
>Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 10:40 AM
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot
>them...
>

>http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html
>
>Is Google's cache cutting [...]44_11Jul200310:41:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:19:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/03 6:28:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Now, seeing as how these two systems are identical
> (Same O/S and same Image versions - as verified via
> the version command in Query), I presume something in
> the root file is whacked.

I have seen this kind of problem in the past.  While I cannot remember the
specifics, I believe that this is simply due to the 2 different copies of the
root file being created with different versions of Image.  When you update the
Image software, all of your various databases scattered around the system do
not get updated/converted.  I believe that you can easily have this problem come
up with multiple Image databases on ONE system.

If I remember correctly, I solved my simple problem with a quick DBUNLOAD
-DBSCHEMA - DBUTIL - DBLOAD process.  Your DB will undoubtedly be bigger.  I
would suspect that Adager has a method of dealing with this somehow.

Wayne