HP3000-L Archives

July 2003, Week 1

From:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:59:35 -0700
On Thursday 03 July 2003 4:54 pm, Connie Samuel wrote:
> We are currently creating a file daily ... [ultimately intended for]
> 3 Novell servers on the same network as the 3000.

One thought that came to mind was samba, but I don't think that Novell does
SMB (it has it's own protocol)  Was there ever a "client" for the 3000 that
would let it access shared filespace? [NFS perhaps?]

Another creative thought would be to see if the recipient [the staff member]
can create an e-mail "rule" that recognizes these messages and places the
attachments in their proper place.  If so, you can eliminate the first two
steps [pull via reflection; e-mail to staff worker] and have the HP use
SENDMAIL to send the files in the first place.  With a proper "rule", the
"staff member" can actually be a dedicated PC hanging off the network
somewhere that simply runs the e-mail client [so you don't have to worry
about whether or not the staff worker is actually running their e-mail
client...

--
Yet another Blog: http://osnut.homelinux.net