HP3000-L Archives

July 2003, Week 1

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:25:54 -0700
Greg Cagle wrote,

> John Burke wrote:
> > Greg Cagle wrote,
> >
> >>What kind of "legal liability" are you thinking of? I'm
> having a hard
> >>time coming up with anything as I think about it. Remember also
> >>that Interex is not the only party involved here, and if you're
> >>planning on suing somebody you'll have to take on Encompass and
> >>HP as well. I understand HP has some pretty good lawyers 8^).
> >

> > Obviously, the "Q" part of HPQ and Encompass are the
> reasons for these
> > sessions.
>
> I'm still missing the part where there's legal liability. Can you
> clarify?

Look, I'm not a lawyer. Probably neither are you.

What I know is that these NDA sessions are part of HPWorld this year.
Suppose someone pays the $1600 to attend HPWorld, but either for business or
personal reasons refuses to sign an NDA. They will be prohibited from
attending scheduled sessions. Suppose further that someone applies for one
of the conference NDAs but is denied - say someone from a competitor? They
too will be prohibited from attending scheduled sessions. And, unlike
individuals, they probably do have deep pockets. And, perhaps a desire to
cause a disruption.

John Burke