HP3000-L Archives

July 2003, Week 1

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:04:59 -0700
Tony,

I don't think the Mod 20 can chain the controllers, but more importantly, you
wouldn't WANT to chain them.

I recommend a configuration with no more than 16 discs, or a total of 4 (*2
mirrored) drives per controller.  That way each SP will support a total of 8
drives which is a bit high for an 8mbit per second card.

SCSI card are cheap, approx 200$ or less (but if room is the issue...)

Regards,

-Craig