HP3000-L Archives

July 2003, Week 1

From:
"Atwood, Tim (DVM)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Atwood, Tim (DVM)
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:36:39 -0700
Yes it is possible. We do it.

The tools we use are now obsolete. But I am sure there are newer tools
available. We use the Oracle Gateway (obsolete) and PROCOBOL (I think also
obsolete). The SQL queries generated by the PROCOBOL portion of the COBOL
code queries information from Oracle. The COBOL program then writes the
information to a VPlus screen just like any other data.

I know there are several tools which will allow COBOL to do SQL queries. In
combination with any data gateway, ODBC, or other such technology this
should get the information into the program.

I see you did not actually specify programming language. Or if your
Image/VPlus application is written in some other language besides COBOL, I
am sure most languages will have something available to provide SQL
interfaces.