UTCSTAFF Archives

July 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Yigal Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yigal Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:31:20 -0400
As today is my last day here at UTC, I would like to use this fantastic
tool called RAVEN to express my thanks to all those at UTC who have made my
two years here such a pleasant experience. First and foremost, to Dr. Irv
Resnick, Chair of Excellence in Judaic Studies and Dr. Herbert Burnhen,
Dean of Arts and Sciences, who made my stay possible. To Dr. Bill Harman
and all the faculty of the Department of Philosophy and Religion and
especially to Kelley Veasey, for being such great colleagues. To the staff
at the Dean's office, to the people at the computer help-desk, at the
Lupton Library and especially at the ILL desk, to the folks at the Walker
Resource center, to the Human Resources people. To the staff of the UTC
Children's Center for taking such wonderful care of three of my kids at
various times. To all of the friends I have made among students, faculty
and staff.

I must admit, that I had certain reservations about coming to a small,
non-research oriented university like UTC, which does not even have a very
good library in my field. I must say, that the level of service,
helpfulness and generally good relations between all more than made up for
it. While UTC does have a way to go to becoming a prestigious institution,
y'all have quite a bit here that many others could learn from.

Keep up the good work!

Yigal

p.s. This email account should remain active for some time. My new academic
address will be:

Dr. Yigal Levin
The Department of Jewish History and
The Martin (Szusz) Dept. of Land of Israel Studies
and Archaeology
Bar-Ilan University
Ramat-Gan 52900
ISRAEL