SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2003

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:49:40 +1000
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:37:00 -0500, Mike Wallace wrote:

> I scanned a copy of the Dolphin Rebreather text book for Lee. It's
> about 28MB's or so. Anyone else want a copy of it, email me off list
> for directions on where to get it via FTP.

Mate!  Swing the lights and get out the spitoons!  :-)))))

I cleaned out the 'garage' at the week-end.  Tucked away in there - among
all of the twin-hoses; early Conshelf regs, and more old crap than wot you
could poke a stick at - were the 'early' promo posters for the Dolphin.
(The Oz version!) :-)

One of them shows Liz Wight wearing a Dolphin and carrying a ( to me )
unrecognisable machine pistol!  (Off to the side were schematics of the
Dolphin.  But who cares a crap about them when Liz is in the picture?)
:-))))

Before I send these gems to the tip, send me your postal address privately
and I'll send one of them off to you.  (One day, it may be a collector's
item! And - in any case - it's a piece of memorabilia that marks a part of
recreational diving history!)  :-)

Interestingly, Drager had intended a new CCR release that would have been
superb, but it seems that - with little military application for that
particular unit - they switched off the lights and went back to basics.
Their latest offering is one that, apparently, is meeting some resistance,
in that it can be switched between O2 and mixed gas.  Not good!  :-)))))

Strike

Strike