SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:42:42 -0400
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:52:25 -0400, Lee B ell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On 7 Jul 2003 at 9:42, Reef Fish wrote:

From Mike Wallace's post ... snipped.  :-)

>I'm sorry to hear about Sue's illness and hope everything will turn out
>OK.

Well, actually it's not an illness, but a witch hunt game played by
a team of docs, right now.  Else, we would have KNOWN what the
illness was, after a week.

>If prayer can help, I'll do my part for both of you.
>
>Lee

I am a frayed knot.  But thanks just the same.  Of course Lee won't
see any of this post since there's no reason for anyone to quote me. :-)

To the rest of you, I am sure most of you will have kind and sincere
wishes for Sue, even though many of you haven't even met you yet,
except through the grapewines on these LISTS.

May I suggest you can send any kind thoughts directly to her (if
you feel the irresistable urge to do so now :0)) before any of us
really know what's going on -- to [log in to unmask] (that's her
email address), so as not to clutter this LIST better suited for
SCUBA and scuba-related CLUBBINGS!  :-))

If you'll simply be patient (no relation to her 'illness'), as OT
as the matter may be, I'll post something more definitive toward
the end of the week, in an OT to this OT tangent thread.

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts and wishes, expressed or
unexpressed, or expressed DIRECTLY to You-Know-Who whom I don't
have any great trust or mistrust.  :-)   It's all little drops of
rain in a vast ocean ... some are fortunate to hit a whaleshark
or a humpback whale ... and some are just unfortunate to hit a
piece of turd that happens to be floating along.  :-))  I've
learned LONG ago not to ask WHY, or WHY HER, or WHY US?

THAT's the way I put EVERYTHING in the proper perspective, as
Confucius might say, or as da Feeesh might muse.

Tomorrow will just be another day!  Live today to the FULLEST,
that's what anyone can do, and hope to do.

One of the posters in rec.scuba, by the name of Steve Kramer,
for reasons quite unbeknownst to me, is one of the most harrrassed
invidividuals in that ng, had this to say (or quote) on his day of
retirement -- which I heartily endorsed on THAT occasion, as well
as EVERYDAY:

> Steve Kramer
> Osaka, Japan and the rest of  the World!
>
> I wish to live my life deliberately, to front the essential facts
> of life; to suck the very marrow of life and see if I can learn what
> it has to teach, and not, when it comes my time to die, discover
> that I have not lived.

ElPezNeuvo.