SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:33:01 -0400
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:31:55 -0400, Reef Fish
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:38:38 -0500, Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:
>

>>Of course since then I've had LASIK surgery and that has made all the
>difference in the world

>Elisa spoke with my eye doctor and confirmed her suspicions that I suffer
>from a chronic case of opto-rectitus.  That's the condition where the some
>of the optic nerves get crossed up with ones from your asshole and you get
>a shitty outlook on life.  :-)
>
>Geez, and I thought that was Optorectumysis or Optorectumiosis.

>>It is amazing how much how far the surgical eye procedures have come and
>how much they can seemingly accomplish routinely.
>
>What laser?  Mine was just a razor surgery.  It took only about 10
>minutes, and the doc didn't even have to push his hand on my forehead
>and say "Heal!"

As an informational follow-up, I just came back from the post-mortem
<known as post-op> session with my ophthalmologist surgeon <which I
almost always misspell as 'opthomologist', and much prefer the
technical term of my "eye Quack" ...

There is positively and absolutely NO relation between my cataract
surgery and any LASIK or LASER <sic> surgery of any shape or form. :-)

The cataract surgery was the removal/replacement of yucky gunk from
an eye of normal or abnormal vision rather than a LASIK correction
of an abnormal vision.  In my case, after the yucky yellowish gunk
is replaced by some CLEAR jell, I am back to near 20/20 vision,
as my Driver's License says I have without the surgery.

There is more to the Quack part than meets the eye.  :-)  The
TN and SC States of the Highway Departments (as opposed to
the state of FL which gives driver's license to blind divers),
gave me my Driver's license WITHOUT requiring any eye-glasses,
last year and this year, after a vision test because of
my expired/lost Driver's license, whereas the Ophthal Quack
said I only had 20/200 vision before the surgery :-))  (in
the post-mortem today), presumably to let me feel I got
my money's worth.  :-)

ElPezNeuvo.