SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2003

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:09:12 -0400
Bjorn Vang Jensen wrote:

> It is getting apparent that you get some very filtered news over there in
FL! I've certainly
> never seen any claim by anyone that we were going to just hand it back to
the Iraqi people
> to do with what they please.

This opens a whole line of short takes, each with an interesting twist of
its own.
- Filtered news or deliberate lies?
- Which one of us is getting filtered, I who heard our only interest was
national security or you who heard we also had interest in changing the
Iraqi form of government?
- Do you suppose it might be possible that both of us got what would give us
the most comfort?  Us that we weren't an imperialistic agressor, you that we
were interested in bringing freedom to an oppressed people?  Might we both
be getting filtered news/lies?

Lee