SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2003

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:03:55 -0400
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:15:09 -0400, Don Ward <[log in to unmask]> bragged:

>Welcome back JimG!
>
>BTW, reports of the death of Scuba-L are greatly exaggerated.  100 post
>since June 30! (maybe more than all of last year :)

***  Don's post was post #15985 in the Scuba-SE LISTSERV archives.

Aided and abetted by another troll by one poster under the obvious
FAKE ID of Robert Lung on the same troll theme, a subtread ensued
over the issues of

    CENSORSHIP,      FREEDOM OF SPEECH,     and Scuba-L

that we have many old faces surface in Scuba-SE to denounce Chuck
Hopf's misguided notion of those issues, and express their disdain
on posters who had to hide behind a cloak to make a derogatory
post about someone.

It's hardly been a day, and we already had over 60 posts in Scuba-SE
since Don's troll.

We USED to have that many posts of FUN in Scuba-L almost everyday,
before Don's and Chuck's pal Nick exercised his May 23, 2000
massacre, ousting Bjoen, Mika, and Mike Wallace, and nearly
everyone voluntarily LEFT that list before Nick had anymore
chances to abuse his LIST OWNERSHIP and practice his CENSORSHIP!

This is just a HISTORICAL note to put things about these two LISTS
to put things into perspective.

Like it or not, that's the way it was.

-- Bob.

P.S.  to JimG:  see what a welcome you got?   All that fireworks
      and it's not even July 4, but a week after.  :-)