SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2003

From:
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:11:47 -0400
.>>The edges > of the plate eventually will cut into the harness at
shoulder and hip
>> even if the plate is deburred, but this can be completely prevented by
> >covering the webbing with a 2" ring of inner tube where it passes
> >through the slots.

>Yep, but deburring the slots helps a lot.

A complete non-issue. Just replace the webbing every 1-2 years. Cost: next
to nuffink. Done in 10 minutes.

>In almost 45 years of diving, I've never lost or damaged a mask while
diving.  I think I'm pretty comfortable without a
spare. <

Shouldn't that number increase by the value of 1 each year? Or do you count
lunar years now?

MtW