HP3000-L Archives

June 2003, Week 4

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:42:04 +0100
---- Original Message ----
From: "Newton, Ernie" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 12:29 AM
Subject: [HP3000-L] Qedit question

> Greetings,
>
> I am creating a file for a vendor that wants
> a date in MMDDYYYY format.  Problem is that
> our dates are stored in YYYYMMDD format.  What
> I want to do is use Qedit to flip YYYY and MMDD.
>
> For the purposes of this query, lets assume that
> YYYYMMDD takes up columns 10/17.  Can this be done?

Yes. There is an example under Replace (on page 225 of my QEdit version 5.00
manual, at least) which shows something very close to, if not exactly this,
and even lets you encapsulate it as a command.

As it's a flip, you might need two hold files, or two ranges appended in one
hold file.

But simpler might be to use some Change col lines, to delete the YYYY
columns after you've Held them and then to insert four blank columns after
the (left-shifted) MMDD in which to Replace back the Held YYYY.

--
OE-QuoteFix 1.19.1 doing what it can to render the OExperience bearable.
Sig seps are fixed in the updated OE6, but they won't let me load it :-(