HP3000-L Archives

June 2003, Week 4

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:51:08 -0700
we use DDS2 for daily (Monday thru Friday, 5x/week) full backups of 7.5
Gbytes on each of two 9x7s, cleaning each day, using HP tape.  from recent
3rd party maint records...
001118 hobbes
030306 hobbes      28 months
010925 yoda
020412 yoda         7 months
021230 yoda         8 months
...not much data, but that's 14 months average life so far.  btw we keep a
spare online too.