HP3000-L Archives

June 2003, Week 3

From:
JohnMcDowell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
JohnMcDowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:42:09 -0400
You're equations look good. This command will cause the store to continue the store on the other drive. If both of your drives are the same DDS3, etc then you could have the two drives storing concurrently by changing the store equation to:
STORE @[log in to unmask]@;STORESET=(*T),(*T2);ONVS=MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET;&
DIRECTORY;SHOW;ONLINE=START;COMPRESS=HIGH;INTER

This will cause the system to divide up the store to the two drives at the same time (parallel backup). If your drives are different DDS2 and a DDS3 then you have to use your original equations as stated below:
STORE @[log in to unmask]@;STORESET=(*T,*T2);ONVS=MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET;&
DIRECTORY;SHOW;ONLINE=START;COMPRESS=HIGH;INTER
I would though have concern about the INTER option. This can get tricky when restoring form multiple tapes.

John McDowell, Operations Manager
Quadax, Inc
www.quadax.com
440-788-2130