HP3000-L Archives

June 2003, Week 3

From:
"Gehan G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gehan G.
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:26:04 -0700
Hello list friends,
 Our backup stated takeing up more then 1 tape this week. I'm
tired of changing it in the morning so I started looking up the
store options. I found the storeset option..
 If I read it correctly it means that I can load 2 tapes and
when one is full it will flow over to the next tape. Or does it
mean that you can make 2 copies of the backup on seperate
tapes..
 Hopefully it's the first. Our previous backup command was..

FILE T;DEV=12
STORE @[log in to unmask]@;*T;ONVS=MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET;&
DIRECTORY;SHOW;ONLINE=START;COMPRESS=HIGH;INTER

 And I'm changing it to...

FILE T;DEV=12
FILE T2;DEV=13
STORE @[log in to unmask]@;STORESET=(*T,*T2);ONVS=MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET;&
DIRECTORY;SHOW;ONLINE=START;COMPRESS=HIGH;INTER

 I'm just not sure if that's correct or not. If I'm going to use
the storeset option do I omit the original *t and replace it
with storeset? OR do I leave it and just add the storeset to the
end? like so..

FILE T;DEV=12
FILE T;DEV=13
STORE @[log in to unmask]@;*T;ONVS=MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET;&
DIRECTORY;SHOW;ONLINE=START;COMPRESS=HIGH;INTER;&
STORESET=(*T,*T2)

If someone could advise to let me know if this is correct or not
it would be much appricated..

Thanks much,
Gehan Gehale