HP3000-L Archives

June 2003, Week 3

From:
"Ritenour, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ritenour, Steve
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:18:43 -0400
Hi All,
   We are experiencing a problem with samba where it is truncating the last few
lines of a file.  These files are semi-colon delimited files for input into
Excel.  They are just plain ASCII.  I have used samba to access these files with
Excel, Notepad and PFE with the same results.  I also have ftp'ed the files to
my desktop PC and all the data is there when I open them with the same tool.  We
are running MPE 6.5 pp2 and Samba 2.0.7.  I also ftp'ed some of the files to my
test server running 6.5 by using Samba 2.2.8a beta and am getting the same
results there.  I also did a :PRINT of the file with Display Functions ON and
see no special characters in the file in the area for the truncation.  Anyone
else experience this?  Any known fixes?

Thanks

Steve Ritenour
Harris Corp.