HP3000-L Archives

June 2003, Week 2

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:42:50 -0700
John makes a very good point.  Do you go to the car repair shop that's the cheapest?  Or do you go where you know and trust the mechanic?  Or your like me and can't find an good and honest mechanic.  :-)

However, if I know what I want, and I know the same item by the same manufacturer is cheaper, I go to the store offering the lowest price.

Which gas station do you get gas from?  Some gas stations are getting smart and offering more value, i.e. a reduce price of a car wash.

So the bottom line is, does your product (and services) solve the customers problem, reduce stress and require less hand holding?

-Craig

John Lee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I don't shop Wal-Mart much, so I can't respond. They're outdone by Target
stores where I live. Target's merchandise is good...prices are
good...service is good...that's where I shop.

But here's a good analogy...the mega-hardware stores. One is headquartered
near me and I'd always been loyal to them until Home Depot showed up. Home
Depot's employees are so much more helpful, knowledgeable and
customer-friendly that I now go there. Price becomes a secondary
consideration when you factor in your time, proper advice, etc.

John Lee