UTCSTAFF Archives

June 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:10:08 -0400
I want to thank everyone who participated in this year's Faculty and
Staff Campaign. Your combined generosity-with the help of some
especially significant gifts-returned $137,303 to the campus,
surpassing last year's total by more than $50,000!

 From talking with colleagues across the state, I know that the
faculty and staff members in Tennessee's public universities and
colleges are apprehensive about the state's fiscal situation and how
it affects our students, and some campuses even chose not to hold a
faculty and staff campaign this year. In fact, UTC is the only campus
in the UT system where the faculty and staff have organized a
contribution campaign for many years. Faculty and staff members'
willingness to contribute financially to this campus is a testament
to the commitment to our students and to our campus.

I tell people everyday that I have the best job in the world.  I love
what I do and the people with whom I work.  You make this campus the
unique, wonderful place that it is.  Thank you.

Everyone who participated in the campaign should be receiving in
campus mail a letter from me with gift certificates from Barnes and
Noble and ARAMARK for campus use.  If you do not receive your letter
soon, let me know and we'll make sure you do. **NOTE:  You may have
already received a letter that did not have any gift certificates
attached.  The letter with the gift certificates will go out this
week.**

Winners in the drawings are listed below.  Prizes will be delivered
to your offices within a few days.  If you do not receive your prize,
please contact Jennifer Murray at 4363.

For CD 4-Packs from WUTC
Alan Rabin
Joseph Easter
Chris Summers
Richard Gambrell
Joanie Sompayrac
Linda Gehron
Marlene Kutz
Barbara Ray

For CD 3-Packs from WUTC
Vickie Petzko
Twyler Boykin

For Appetizer and Dessert from O'Charley's
Kit Rushing
Meg Kiessling

For $5 Coupons from Porker's BBQ
Beverly Miller
Nancy Tolar

For $5 Gift Coupons from Chili's
Phil Kazemersky
Jan Arp
Lisa Flint

For $10 Gift Coupons from Tortilla Factory
Julie Bomar

For $10 Gift Coupon from Taco Mac
Ahmed Eltom
Don Klinefelter

For a Shuford's BBQ Family Pack
Connie Cloud

For a pair of tickets to the Football Mocs season opener
Jane Beene
Nick Honerkamp

For four tickets to ride The Incline
Roger Thompson

For a prize package including a Shuford's BBQ Family Pack, a CARTA
tote bag, four tickets to the Incline, and a disposable camera)
Jackie Tate

And the grand prize winner of free parking at UTC for one year....
Robin Higgins

--

Chuck Cantrell
Assistant Vice Chancellor for University Relations

Voice (423) 425-4363
Fax (423) 425-5299