UTCSTAFF Archives

June 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Julie Karst <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Karst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:23:18 -0400
From: UT Memphis Computing and Telecommunication Dept.
Subject: Read Immediately - Virus Alert!

If you receive an email message with a subject line 'Re:Movie' or
'Re:Application' and it has a zip file attached to it,   DO NOT Unzip IT ,
it is a virus.   Please delete the message.  The body of the message
contains "Please see the attached zip file for details."

We are now filtering the subject header for Re:Movie and Re:Application.
Also, we are researching the virus for a tool to remove it from any infected
machines.  We will update you as soon as possible when any information is
available.