SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2003

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:58:38 +1000
Just as a follow up to Christian's earlier post

(snip
> > I'll second that. Quite a few years ago now, at the time in fact that
> > Alcyone was in Sydney harbour and we visited her, members of TUG were
> > wearing red beanies (a la Calypso)

Tomorrow morning, we - John, (a 'tekkie' from the UK) Janet, Julian and
myself - are diving Shelly Beach at sun-up.  Afterwards, I'm scooting off to
the inauguaral dive of a 'new' diving group - called SCUM (Sydney Consortium
of Underwater Mariners) - for some dives using a variety of old gear,
including a couple of Russian helmets.  We're diving into Sydney Harbour
from the OceanWorld Jetty, at Manly, and it should be a lot of fun.  (Hey!
Any group that regards its members as the SCUM of the Seven Seas can't be
all bad????)   :-))))

Strike