SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2003

From:
Christian Gerzner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:59:57 +1000
Strike wrote:
(snips)

> I'm quite taken with the 5mm one piece suit that I had made

Is this a semi dry? I have the "tailor made" 5mm Sonar one which is
very efficient but pretty difficult to don and doff. Essentially you
need help with it. As anything else it has its pros and cons.

> it's time to get out the woolly beannie to keep the head warm
> during the dive. (Last year, I found it as warm - and far more
> comfortable - as a neoprene hood!)  :-)

I'll second that. Quite a few years ago now, at the time in fact that
Alcyone was in Sydney harbour and we visited her, members of TUG were
wearing red beanies (a la Calypso) which one of the members had
managed to acquire at the best price possible. One winter's day I
forgot my hood and made do with that beanie. It's warmth was quite a
revelation. Sadly I "lost" it shortly thereafter, read someone else
"found" it and I haven't bothered since, principally because I'm too
lazy to go and look for one.

Cheers,

Christian