SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2003

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:10:24 +1000
On Friday, June 20, 2003 11:56 AM, Don Ward wrote:

> I can't speak for the others, but I can promise you that the singing
> certainly brought tears to my eyes.

G'Day, Mate!  Somebody else once told me that they'd never met anyone who
could wring all of the sentiment out of a song in quite the way that I
could!  (I must learn the second verse of, "When I was keeper of the
Eddystone Light" one of these days!)  :-))))

> I must say that it was a throughly enjoyable experience diving with each
of
> you, and I look forward to doing it again soon.

It was a great pleasure to meet and dive with you as well after so many
years - and to see that you survived the experience despite the
assassination attempts!  (We never did catch that bugger, did we?)  :-)

Like Crusty, I also appreciated the IASIA Instructor cross-over programme
that you ran.  (If I'd have known that it was going to be that detailed, I'd
have poked my face into a diving manual before going on the trip.)  :-)

> And those sharks were 3 meters plus if they were a centimeter!

That's what I thought - but I wanted to hear somebody else say it first
given that water always reduces the size of everything that I manage to see!
:-)

Best regards

Strike