SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2003

From:
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:33:56 -0400
EPN wrote

MtW: And you have done how many dives in FLA?
EPN >About 10, that's about 8 too many.  :-)

I disagree. But diving is about the only good  thing to be said about the
Great State of Fla. Otherwise I might still be there. Oh, I also liked
their tax rate. But then again the food sucked.

>Two in each Key, Upper, Middle, and Lower.

Not really enough to have a real good take on the place. Definitely enough
to possibly dislike it. I've done 100s of  good dives there, though. So I'm
probably a bit biased.

But then again, I've liked most of all of my dives. I just have certain
preferences. For example, I thought that Sydney was fantastic, as little as
I've seen of it. The fact that you consider it undiveable therefore doesn't
concern me a whole lot. And I won't even mention Perth in this context.

>I already had enough experience to know a POS when I see it.  :-)
So, if you have stepped on 6 pieces of those, out of 6, it doesn't
take a Nobel calibre statistician to draw the informed conclusion,
for HIMSELF!<

The Keys are full of operations that should be avoided. I gather that Coz
isn't all that different in *that* respect.
As a preferred destination , I would still pick Coz.

>I forgot to mention that harebrain fussed at me because I got on
the boat about 1 minute late -- because I was timing the dive
according to my COMPUTER, which stops the clock above 7 fsw,
the times I pooped to the surface, from 30 fsw, in SLOW,
CONTROLLED ascent of course!   That accounted for at least 1
minute of the time that DM forgot.  ;-)<

That really does happen in the Keys in many places. Solution: don't dive
with them. How is that different from other places in the world that aren't
diver friendly, or only cater to newbies?

MtW