SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2003

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:07:13 -0400
Andy M Johnson wrote:

> My problem is my shoulders are starting to give me gip - either just
> getting old or too much time down the gymn :-(
> Is there such an ailment as drinker's shoulder ?
> Oh, & I've got tennis elbow in both arms - I'm just falling to bits !!
> Cheers.......

Just wait.  It does not get better with time.
Depending on how serious your problem is, you might consider adding a quick
release to one side of your harness.  While the standard setup is fine for
people with normal flexibility, it may not be so fine for somebody beginning
to discover how limiting the changes that come with age can be.

Lee