HP3000-L Archives

May 2003, Week 3

From:
Andrew Cartledge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Cartledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 05:13:51 -0400
Once again I am trying to get my head around samba.

I have had up and running in the past on my 3k but more by luck than
technical knowhow. BUt now playing up.

Currently running Samba 2.0.7 with my 3k attaching to my NT system.

When I use my NT dmain name in the workgroup parm on smb.conf I see the
machine appear in my network neighbourhood but get a

'The format of the specified network name is not valid'

I know I am communicating with the 3k when using the NT network name
because I get an 'unable to connect message' when not running smb207.

I also see the box ip address appear in the log.nmb file.

When I use an alternative/unique workgroup name soley for the 3k it appears
in my entire network opton as a new network id AND I can access the box.

Can anyone provide any clues.

TIA