HP3000-L Archives

May 2003, Week 3

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 11:38:10 -0700
Jerry,

It is an interesting perspective.  Also, interesting is that there are say 300 Million people in the US.  (The number is a little high), so if we were to divide that number evenly 1Billion ~ $3.3 dollars per man woman and child or roughly 13 dollars per day per person.

4745 per person per year is actually a very low number a closer number the Goverenment is much more efficient at spending money.  A closer figure is 7500 dollars per person per year.

And this is only the Federal Government, it has nothing to do with my real estate taxes, sales taxes, toll taxes, license fees, park usage fees, etc...

So my humble family of 5 costs the US government $37,500 per year.

Clearly I am not being paid enough.

Do even get me going on how much the Dept of Education charges to "educate" each student.

-Craig

Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
OK....don't bother telling me if none of this is true.... but it is an
interesting perspective...