HP3000-L Archives

May 2003, Week 3

Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 15:16:48 -0500
 "John Dwyer" <[log in to unmask]> schreef in bericht
> Hi all,
>
>    I'm looking for free webcam software, which I'm going to install
>  on a number of computers in an Internet cafe. I'd like to know what
>  you guys would recommend as good stable software, that works well and
>  won't crash my computers.
>
>    Basically I've narrowed it down to two:
> (both of which I found at download.com)
>
> http://download.com.com/3000-2348-10194077.html?tag=lst-0-21
> Magellan - This is a big download, but it seems to be
> stable, and it lists your cam on the site http://www.eyespyfx.com
> so you can find it again. It seems to do recording, and Dial up
> (whatever that is :)!)
>
> http://download.com.com/300440-2248-1023194077.html?tag=lst-0-21
> CamReady by http://www.CamReady Inc.com/ - Sort of a novel little webcam
application. It runs
> in the background so you don't know it's running. You press 'tell
> a freind' and it sends an email with your IP address in it.
>
>    I'd love to hear back from you all to say wheter one is better
> than the other. Download them, and I'd like to see if they are
> stable and reliable enough. Just tell me what you think.
>
>    Kindest Regards
>
>    John D.

John,

Maybe some of the people on this newsgroup, but webcam software is a bit of
topic.

MPE/iX does not run webcam software as far as I know.

Hopefully someone on this group can help you, but I would suggest trying
another newsgoup like. I have to admit these are hard to find.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit