HP3000-L Archives

May 2003, Week 1

From:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 13:10:03 -0500
Are you configuring the array in RAID 1 or RAID 5. If using RAID 1, you will only be able to mirror 7 total pair of drives (14), plus one hot spare. This is due to restrictions on the LUNs you are allowed on a Model 20 on the HP3000. Have your CE (if you have one) do some research for you.

Cynthia Bridges-Fowler
HP3000 Senior System Administrator
North American Salt Company
a division of Compass Minerals Group
http://www.compassminerals.com/

>>> "Newton, Ernie" <[log in to unmask]> 05/07/03 12:42PM >>>
Greetings,

We're going to a model 20 this Saturday and I am curious...

We are configuring the first drive to be the system drive,
and are using the next eight, saving the last one as a
recovery drive, so we're mirroring 9 drives.

After everything is configured, and installed, do I just need to=20
do a "restore @[log in to unmask]@"?? =20

Is the mirroring invisible?  Are there administrative tasks that
will need to be done?

At this point, my main concern is having the system up and running
Monday morning when the drones arrive.

TIA,

Ernie