HP3000-L Archives

May 2003, Week 1

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 10:47:15 -0500
It's a yes and no question. Yes, there's a way (there is always a way).
No, not directly as AMISYS comes "off the tape."

No: the Cognos screens are set up for terminal emulators, not web
interface.

Yes(maybe): if you use Cognos' web interface utility this might work.
Yes(yes): write a cgi program (using language of choice but in this
instance COBOL would be best as many of the AMISYS background
programming is COBOL) to take the post data from the web form and do
whatever is necessary in the AMISYS databases. Been there done that.
Feel free to contact directly for further info.