UTCSTAFF Archives

May 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Mary Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 08:33:35 -0700
I  would like to know this as well. How are employees supposed to know if
we are open or not?

I checked all the stations on the TV and UTC was not listed as either being
"opened" or "closed". Since all Hamilton county schools were closed
as  well as Chattanooga State College I assumed  we were closed as well.

The 425-4111 number had yestersday's message until 8:00 a.m.

I then tried the web page and that too had yesterday's message of evening
classes being cancelled on Wed.

I even called the police department and they didn't know.

Is is possible to update the web page or the 435-4111 number before 8:00
a.am so employees know what is going on?

Thanks!

>Date:         Wed, 7 May 2003 09:24:43 -0400
>Sender:       UTC Staff E-Mail List <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         Lisa Keylon <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      [UTCSTAFF] Inclement Weather Policy
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>Does anyone know if UTC has an inclement weather policy.  I know we have a
>snow policy.  However, in the light of the recent severe weather I have not
>seen any official information regarding UTC's policies regarding flooding,
>severe storms, and tornados.  I would appreciate direction to the
>information.
>
>Thanks
>
>Lisa Nichole Keylon

Mary Coleman
Administrative Assistant
Political Science, DEPT. 6356
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403-2598
423/425-4281
FAX: 423/425-2373