SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2003

From:
Carl Heinzl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 10:43:48 -0400
I've been taking uw video for several years now...  but, this year my
son is interested in trying some uw photography (still)...  I'm not
about to run out and spend >$1000 so he can "try" it to see if
he likes it, but I would spend a couple hundred on something
so he can try it out.

What do people have to recommend?  Is the Sea and Sea any
good - I've read a bit about the MX-10 with a strobe.  There's
another company out there too - Sealife.  They make an
inexpensive uw digital camera (no strobe - I'd have to buy one),
but they also make some inexpensive 35 mm point and
shoot camera/housing combos...

I'd be thankful for any recommendations, comments (both
positive and negative), or other models I should look at.
As usual, I'm in a hurry :^) :^) :^)

Thanks again
Carl

p.s. I was really shocked when I read Mike's article about Rod...