HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 4

From:
Bob McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:09:34 -0600
We are trying to send files from the 3000 with sendmail and have run into a problem.  The file we are sending has a header record that is about 300 bytes long. Subsequent records in the file are less in size.  We are using these settings for delivery:

The problem is that the resulting file ends up looking like a fixed formatted record file, padding the resulting data records with spaces at the end.

When I look a the *CM file with display functions on, generated and sent with this command

   XEQ SENDMAIL.PUB.SENDMAIL "-t" < *CM

That file has the CR LF characters in the correct location.  Are there different Content settings or something that I can use to make this file transfer correctly?

thanks, bob