HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 4

From:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:51:57 -0400
> BUT ...... I need more. That cool REPORT command including a group that
does
> not exist shows thsk space, but I also need some dates to see if it has
been
> used in a while. Somethline last date accessed, modified, created would be
> great !!

In MPE/iX unfortunately, accounts and users, have no attributes for create,
accessed, and modified dates. Files that reside in groups and accounts do
have these attributes. Getting a list of the files within a group or account
that have the most recent accessed, modified, and create dates would be the
only alternative. But would in no way be definitive on the actual usage of a
user id or account. It is also possible that a restore without the olddate
option has destroyed the true file date attributes.

One method I have used in the past is to modify the backup to include the
show=dates, and a file syslist=xxx, as part of the store process.
This will yield a file that can be sorted by account, and the various year,
month, and day fields.

Another method that certainly would be more intrusive would be to build an
MPE CI script that uses finfo to capture the create, accessed, and
modified dates desired with breaks for groups or accounts.

Mike