HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 4

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:54:15 +0100
why do you not consider to use a token based authentication like RSA
SecurID ?
This is avaliable for a lot of different platforms (also for MPE although
not mentioned on RSA internet resources) and will improve the security on
your different platforms.

Best regards,
Andreas Schmidt
CSC Managed Services GmbH
Global Infrastructure Services, Global Processing Engineering Services
DuPont-Strasse 1, Room 1-346
D-61352 Bad Homburg
Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 6172 / 87-2117 Fax -2195   DUCOM x951-2117
eMail: [log in to unmask]
HP e3000 Intranet Information at http://web1.cscbhg.dupont.com/web/hp3000/
Unix Intranet Information at http://bhghpx12.bhg.dupont.com/

for such purpose.

                      Varshney
                      <anuragREMOVECAPIT         To:      [log in to unmask]
                      ALSvarshney                cc:
                      @hotmail.com>              Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] QUERY regarding HP3000
                      Sent by: HP-3000
                      Systems Discussion
                      <HP3000-L

                      04/22/03 07:47 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Varshney

 Thanks a lot Tom for your help.

I am a Software Consultant working for a Security company and we deal in
password resets via different means.
I write adapters so that using a general GUI a person can reset his/her
password on different systems like Windows NT, Active Directory/Win 2k,
RACF, and also create a wrapper over other security systems like Control
SA,
Courion, Netegrity etc....

We need to build an adapter for HP3000 where a user can change his/her
password and so I need to do some ground work to find whether it is
possible
or not and what are the requirements.

Can you guide me to the right place to find more details about the same?

Regards,
Anurag

"Tom Emerson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message