HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 3

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:46:15 -0400
If you consider Earthquakes as weather ...

I use XEarth for Windows for my personal earthquake feed.
It has an export function to text file.

But the cool part is the global map of earthquakes, as
your screen background with a small yellow circle for
small earthquakes and a huge yellow circle for big
earthquakes.  You can configure the map to be a globe
that shifts at random every few minutes, the sun or a
mercator projection.

http://www.hewgill.com/xearth/

There's also an excellent Ionospheric and Geomagnetic
map program called DX Atlas 2.1 at:

http://www.dxatlas.com/

You can plug-in Ionoprobe 1.1 which will get a feed
of Sunspots, X-Ray Flux, Proton Flux, and Auroral
Activity.

http://www.dxatlas.com/IonoProbe/