HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 2

From:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:05:05 -0600
It looks like this problem has been around a while and it took me some time to locate
the service request filed for this which is 5003-175117. It has not been fixed and I think
the only reason for that is that the nobody other than the original reporting customer
ever encountered this.

The problem, which I can reproduce on 7.5, is that RFA'FOPEN is not being passed
the KSAMPARAM (forms message) field. So when it sends the message over to the
destination system FOPEN finds that the required parameter is missing. This only occurs
with KSAM/XL because you cannot remotely build a CM KSAM file via FOPEN.

I'd recommend contacting the Response Center and filing a service request on this if you
would like to request that it be fixed.

Sorry this took a bit to locate.

hth,

Bill