HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 2

From:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:17:26 -0600
Hi all,

I want to provide an update on this for anyone interested.

First off, last week I wrote:

> The problem, which I can reproduce on 7.5, is that RFA'FOPEN is not being passed
> the KSAMPARAM (forms message) field. So when it sends the message over to the
> destination system FOPEN finds that the required parameter is missing. This only occurs
> with KSAM/XL because you cannot remotely build a CM KSAM file via FOPEN.

Paul Christidis wrote me privately to point out that you can indeed create a CM ksam file
remotely and supplied me with a handy SPL program to do that. I guess I should have known
that but sometimes things like "sleep" have a way of turning the old cranial etch-a-sketch upside
down and giving a good shake :-)

With Paul's code and some code I had cobbled up for the NM ksam file I was able to track
down the source of the difficulty. It was just a simple oversight in the code. It was only
checking for the CM KSAM file type in deciding whether to process the ksam parms into
the forms message parameter that would be passed to RFA'FOPEN.

The patch that will fix this will be MPEMXG5. I've no ETA on it as it hasn't yet been
prioritized on the lab's to-do list yet.

Bill
hp vCSY