HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 2

From:
Al Buchholz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Al Buchholz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:15:22 -0500
Chip

You should have an occurs option on the file statement for the number of
times the record will display on the screen.
And an access statement right below it that has a using, via, and/or
viaindex to describe how to get the data and a request to prompt for the
value(s) you need.

Then Quick will generate the procedural code for the proper multi record
retrieval.

You'll then see the procedures that are generated and can noticed the
differences to a manually written procedure.

There is a Powerhouse specific listserver to post questions to, but I'm
sure that Jon Pickering works both of them and will fill in anything that
I've missed here.

Mailing list: [log in to unmask]
Subscribe: "subscribe" in message body to
Unsubscribe: "unsubscribe <password>" in message body to
This list is closed, thus to post to the list you must be a
subscriber

At 08:14 AM 4/11/2003 -0500, Chip Dorman wrote:
>PH Quick that is...
>

>Hi y'all,
>
>I'm stumped trying to get Quick to do something which I think should be
>simple.
>
>I have a KSAM file that has a single composite key (customer number + year)
>which repeats.  I want to prompt the user for customer number then the
>year and have Quick display all records found from the constructed key,
>one record per screen at a time.
>
>So far, I can only get the first record displayed, then Quick wants to
>reprompt for the customer number and year.  What am I missing?
>
>TIA,
>Chip Dorman
>Kennametal, Inc

Bookwood Systems, Limited