HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 1

From:
"Gehan G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gehan G.
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:53:34 -0800
List friends,
 I know I could look this up somewhere if I had more then 5
minutes to my name. It's just too easy to fire off an email
these days. And the list could use some non political talk :)

On to the question about file permissions...

 I login under gehan,mgr.lte, there also is a file
lists.labs.lab.
 I can load the file in to editor while in my lte account, but I
can't save any changes. I'm sure that means the file has read
but not write permissions on it.
 I was wondering what would be the easiest way would be change
those permissions so I can write to that file with out having to
logout and back in again under my lab account?

Gehan Gehale

Ps. I know I can write to it if I log in as mngr.sys account but
I don't like to login as that unless i'm doing system maint. or
other type work.