HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 1

From:
John Saylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Saylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:52:06 -0800
If you are still looking at compression and WAN back-up solutions, take a
look at Quark+ and NBCOPY from Quest Software.

This combination allows you to deploy a WAN backup solution over the network
without NS/3000 services. HEWLETT-PACKARD themselves have used this for
years in the background to move and collect remote backups to a central
location. We would be happy to participate in your benchmark. Additionally,
try to :RESTORE the files in your FTP test without changing the accounting
structure and capabilities. I think you will see that the default account
and capabilities are provided not what was the disk prior to the :STORE.
Call 1-800-306-9329 or e-mail: [log in to unmask] Subject: MPE Quark+/NBCOPY
WAN backup