HP3000-L Archives

April 2003, Week 1

From:
Walter Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walter Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:47:21 -0600
 "F. Alfredo Rego" wrote:

> >Walter
> >(Not speaking for HP)
>
> Only Carly speaks for HP :-)

While I understand Alfredo's point, the fact is that when I worked for HP I often
did feel empowered to speak for HP when I was addressing a topic in which I had
some expertise, such as COBOL or C.

I use the past tense because Friday was my last day as an employee of
Hewlett-Packard.  I have now officially joined the ranks of the 15,000+ (and
counting) who have been "selected to participate" in the workforce reduction
program.

The future is unclear, but I hope to remain part of the HP-3000 community, so I'd
appreciate suggestions and job leads.

Walter Murray
Roseville, CA
At HP 1978-2003