UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Julia Cronin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julia Cronin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:37:32 -0500
IMEMORANDUM

TO:             All Campus Departments

FROM:   Julia Cronin
                Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

DATE:           April 4, 2003

RE:             Request for Student Assistant(s)
                        Federal Work Study Program
                        Academic Service Scholarship

        Attached is the link to the “Request For Student Personnel” form.  This is your opportunity to request Federal Work Study and Academic Service Scholarship student assistants for your department for the 2003-2004 Academic Year.  The request form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office no later than Friday, May 23, 2003.

        Complete one form for each job description, regardless of the number of students you are actually requesting.  For example, if you wish to be allocated two (2) students who will be performing identical jobs, it is necessary to complete only one request form indicating two (2) students are needed for this position description.  We encourage you to request as many student assistants as you feel you will need, even though not all requests can be approved.  Remember, at UTC we allocate number of students not number of hours, so please plan accordingly.  Most Federal Work Study recipients are awarded 15.0 hours per week.

        It is also important that you prioritize the positions you are requesting.  In the event that your department is not awarded the total number of students requested, we will eliminate the position(s) you have indicated as lowest priority.

        If you are unfamiliar with either of these programs or if you have any questions or need further assistance, please call me at 5360 or e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

Attachment

http://www.utc.edu/~finaid/StudentPersonnel.pdf