UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Robert Espeseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Espeseth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:16:41 -0400
     I just wanted to clarify some information regarding the UTC Rowing
Team.  The team
does not receive any funds from the University nor the Athletic
Department.  We are a
club sport, and as such the program does receive a portion of the club
sports student
fee (paid each semester) that is divided amongst the club sport teams by
SGA.  This
money is not part of the University Budget.  I wanted to let everyone know
that no
University money is supporting the Rowing Team, especially given the
current budget
situation.

    The Rowing Team still must earn a significant portion of its funds,
especially for
equipment.  So the team operates a concession stand in McKenzie Arena (#219),
sells t-shirts at regattas, host the Tennessee Indoor Rowing Championships
(we get
$5 per person who rows), and other fundraisers like the Outback luncheon
and the
Chattanooga Lookouts Rowing Night (Tuesday, April 29th).  We do not charge any
student a fee to row, there are no dues, or other assessments to row.

    Thank you, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Robert Espeseth
UTC Rowing