UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Jean Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:00:48 -0400
I wish we could vote on this too.

As I understand the propose conversion of McCallie Avenue and
Bailey Avenue/M.L. King Blvd, there would be one lane going into
town, one lane going out of town, a turn lane, and a parking lane.
Presently there is four lane of traffic going into town from
the Brainerd area. Since most people come through the tunnel through
Missionary Ridge, McCallie Avenue probably would become the road of
choice. So basically four lanes of traffic will be coming in by
one lane of traffic.

To slow down traffic, there is a hospital on McCallie Avenue.
There will probably be emergency vehicles involved with the
hospital. There is a carta route coming into town on McCallie
Avenue. The bus has to stop to let people on and off. There is
the Mocs Express that makes a cicular route every eight minutes
that stops to let students and staff on and off.

Suppose a vehicle breaks-down, that would stop traffic for awhile.

Suppose an accident happens traffic would be stopped for awhile.

Why can't we as citizens vote on this issue?

My two-cent worth.