UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
UTC Staff E-Mail List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:42:51 -0400
From:
Tyson Land <[log in to unmask]>
Though I, an avid listener of NPR news & programming, do wholeheartedly agree that funding for it and NEA ought not to be demolished, the e-mail concerning that notion is a hoax, a myth, an e-urban legend circulating since 1995--the Clinton Administration.  Please view the following URL:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blnpr6.htm

Admittedly, I do not know what legislation has ever arrived at the floors of Congress concerning NPR, et al.  But the link (above) does explain that the e-mail re: Nina Totenberg's alleged pronouncement is untrue.

"Technology and all the modern inconveniences" (Twain).

All-in-all, regardless of the falsity of the NPR e-mail, if you support or oppose anything, it never hurts to let your congress people know your stance on issues and concerns.  If you like NPR and believe that it should receive public funding, then contact your Senators and/or Representatives.

Thanks,
t.
--
Tyson Land
Library Associate II

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Lupton Library - Access Services Department
Dept 6456
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403-2598
Voice: (423) 425-4501

"There is no outward sign of true courtesy
that does not rest on a deep moral foundation."
 --Goethe.