HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:45:59 -0500
From: "Jay Willis"
> I have a NM Ksam file in which I need to change every occurrence of "AAA"
>  "BBB" in bytes 173-175 (not every record has this value in these bytes -
> only a few). These bytes are not key. I have (and used) Suprtool and Qedit
> to no avail. Any ideas?

You didn't specify the record length or the total number of records. Since
you tried Qedit I'll assume that you know how to go from KSAM to fixed ASCII
and back. Editor has a Left and Right function that can be used to isolate
columns. (This is also a very powerful method for joining files together.)
The Change command then can be used to operate only on those columns.
(Please see example below)

TGIF!

Mike Hornsby
Co-founder/Chief Technical Officer
Beechglen Development Inc. (beechglen.com)
513-922-0509

EDITOR
/T TESTFILE
FILE UNNUMBERED