HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Dennis Hassell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:19:12 -0500
Don't forget the basics - connector or cable damage - disconnect both
ends of the thinlan and test for short circuit. Then short circuit one
end and test the other end to see if there is continuity (it should show
sorted at the other end. It's a quick test that at least eliminates the
cable and connectors from suspicion. Along with software settings, cable
and connector faults rank high in the mysterious causes of failures
category.

Dennis Hassell
Dennis Hassell and Associates