HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
David Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:17:31 -0800
Anybody know a likely cause for the error messages below.  The printer is a serial 2653c.  It has already been worked-on.

15:49/79/Output spooler, LDEV #29:  The spooler could not complete
output of file O17043.OUT.HPSPOOL.
Native Mode Spooler message 9511

15:49/79/Output spooler, LDEV #29:  The file system reported a device error
while outputting data.
Native Mode Spooler message 9540

15:49/79/Output spooler, LDEV #29:  FDEVICECONTROL error.
Native Mode Spooler message 9547

15:49/79/Storage Management SIO undefined function.
(FILE SYSTEM ERROR -6001)
File System message 6001

15:49/79/Printer storage manager; an error was reported from a lower level subsy
stem.
Printer Storage Manager message 13

15:49/79/A DATA TRANSMISSION error occurred.
Low Level I/O message 207

15:49/79/Printer storage manager; device is off-line.
Printer Storage Manager message 23

15:49/79/The device is off-line.
Low Level I/O message 204

15:49/79/Output spooler, LDEV #29:  Stopped.

This has been going on intermittently for a week.  Also, it sometimes prints garbage characters (mostly strings of a dozen or so @) that are NOT in the spoolfiles.  First noticed this soon after a couple power failures.  The other most suspicious thing I can think of is that some new equipment was put in nearby about that time (a copier & a PC, etc).
The data is not bad.  When we startspool again, it normally prints ok.  No garbage characters when I view the spoolfiles.
System settings have not been changed.
The printer guy replaced the main board, i/o board & logic board, and says that is all there is...  It worked several hours after that, the longest it has worked since it started.  Once we had a couple hours of failing several times a hour.
Termdsm says the dtc & port are good.  No other serial devices are misbehaving.  Tried swapping another dtc-port/ldev/device-class, but it didn't help.